Thursday, May 22, 2008

Irises!!

One of my coworkers gave me these irises a couple years ago, this is the first year they have bloomed and they are gorgeous! Isn't that a great color?
I know some people think us "flower" people are crazy, but they are also the people so wrapped up in what they are doing that they don't take time to notice the beauty around them. Boy are they missing it! God did a GREAT job, and when He finished He said "It is good!" and I agree - it is sooo good. I hope you take time to notice the flowers and trees, the birds doing their spring rituals, the butterflys and go out and enjoy it, it will soon be hot and we will be complaining about that.
We have buffalo knats here again this spring and they are terrible - they are attracted by the carbon dioxide that we and other animals exhale - so they are in your face and they bite everywhere. Last year they killed multitudes of chickens and were harmful to other small animals as they block their airways. For $1.67 at Walmart you can buy a mosquito net that goes over your head, I bought 3, they look a little silly, but it keeps them out of your nose, ears and eyes. They say vanilla repels them, I don't know about that.
Go outside, enjoy - have a good Thursday!

No comments: