Monday, May 12, 2008

A few shots from my garden this morning

Not a bad place for a nap.
All the perenials in this bed with the exception of the bleeding heart were just transplanted last week. I am doing spring cleaning in my flower beds and have filled up many visitor car trunks with the excess. A joy to them and a joy to me. I just can't dig them up and let them die, so I have invited many gardener friends to come and enjoy. A friend up the street literally filled her trunk, back seat, floor boards and passenger seat in her car with: black eyed susans, purple conflower, variegated solomons seal, Missouri primsrose, phlox, coumbine, ferns, asters, astilbe, stella d'oro day lilys, hosta and I am sure others I have forgotten to mention. She has a brand new garden and I think we about filled it!!!
Columbines gone wild, they are spreading like wild fire! And don't those crazy blue bottles look pretty in the sun.
Sensationn lilacs, you trade some of the fragrance for the colors, but it is worth it!
The dew drops on this Ladies Mantle look like diamonds dotting the leafs edge (click on the picture to enlarge it).
,
We had a very rainy weekend about 1.5 inches and very chilly, the skies cleared about 7:00pm on Mothers day to give us a little sun, we enjoyed it as we drove to Dairy Queen for ice cream, I was very bad, I a hot fudge oreo brownie earthquake -mmmmmmmm! I have one last flower bed to work on - hopefully I will get it finished today - then I will sit back and watch the show! Hope you have a good Monday - I plan to!

1 comment:

Diana LaMarre said...

Everything is looking so nice. I especially like the northside planting with all the hostas.