Friday, February 25, 2011

An end and a new beginning!

Well this is it, the last one is out the door...kids that is. This is our grandson Nick, almost 20 years old, he has lived with us most of his life. On Monday I sent him off to basic training in San Antonio Texas. Air Force, same as his uncle (17 years so far), grandfather and great-grandfather (30 years). He was so excited to begin this new step in his life. He called me after he arrived at the San Antonio airport, at the command of his new best friends (TI), and he did not sound so excited, a little dejected maybe, "It's already started.", he said without emotion, where did all that excitement go? Last night he called to give me his address, he had exactly 5 minutes to talk, someone was constantly yelling in the background (maybe a TI), and he gave me specific instructions not to mail anything to him! Odd request since he just gave me an address... seems anything received is used against them and is confiscated (Chris , his uncle, told me that) It was good to hear his voice, even though he really did not sound very happy, "I'm getting used to it", he said. Hear are a few pictures of him growing up:
At Madame Trouseaus wax museum in London, 2004, our trip to Europe and to visit Chris and family when they were stationed in England.
Second Christmas!
This is one of my favorite pictures of him, in my very weedy garden in the backyard when he was about 4 years old. My time flies! Did I teach him everything he needs to know? Does he really know how much I love him, or how proud I am of him? Have I showed him how to trust God, did he see Christ in me? I have a million questions, and some fears, but it is too late. I have used the time I had with him, I prayed over him, ALOT!!!, I have shared my heart and all God has given me, my time is up. We will spend time together again, but it will never be the same. He is on his own, he must find out for himself, God is trustworthy, and His desire is to be glorified in his life. He will never be alone, the Holy Spirit resides in him, he trusted Christ when he was 10 years old. I will trust Him to the Father, and look forward to seeing what wonderful things He will do in and thru him. I Love You Nick!

2 comments:

Toni said...

You have done a great job in showing him the way...and its all stored in him....He is a good boy and will become a great man because of you!

Nannette said...

Thanks Toni!