Monday, February 7, 2011

Drop cloth slip cover!

This wingback chair was my moms, and I love it! I have seen a million drop cloth slipcovers out in blogland and decided to give it a try to update this chair. I marched on over (ok, I drove) to our local Home Depot and purchased a 6x9 cloth (which was not quite big enough, I had to send my grandson to get another). Brought it home, threw it in the washer, added some soap and bleach and waited for it to get done. Out of the dryer, voila, slipcover fabric!
I measured the rough dimensions of each part and cut fabric in rectangles, then put them on the chair and pinned around them, I saw in one blog where they used a pencil to draw around them on the fabric, this would have been quicker. I had alread gone to my local Wallyworld to pick up cotton cording for the trim and had cut yards and yards of the fabric to cover it (no, I did not cut it on the bias, I may be sorry for that after I wash it the first time, we'll see.)
It took me most of a day (making homemade ham and beans in between stitching). Stay tuned for the finished product.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: