Wednesday, August 27, 2008

An unexpected vistor!

If you look closely you will see the eyes peering up above the water - click on the picture to enlarge it.
I have never seen a frog in my yard, we are not near a creek or pond or anything, I was shocked!!
A strange view in the sky.
I am reading a book on the apostle Paul, about his conversion experience. He was persecuting Christians, I mean like, arresting, beating and killing them! He got permission from the authorities to go to a town about 100 miles north of where he lived to persecute the believers there, but on the road his trip was interrupted by an unexpected visitor - the Lord!! He was knocked to the ground, blinded by The Light and he heard the voice of Jesus Christ ask, "Why are you persecuting Me?" He came to the realization in a second that Jesus was real and ALIVE, that in trying to irradicate the believers, he was really trying to irradicate Jesus. The rest is history , he became a believer and his ministry is documented in the new testament, he wrote the majority of the books, as letters to the churches. Isn't it the same with most of us, we refuse to believe, belittle those who do and finally come to the realization it is God we are trying to pretend is not there, working in our heart, prodding us, calling us to Himself. My unexpected vistor and a strange sight in the sky reminded me of that this morning. I am so glad God never gave up on me, I finally, just like Paul acknowledged who He was and recognized He was just what I needed! Thanks God!

No comments: