Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sewing again!

We had the twins from last Wednesday until Sunday, Dan was speaking near Chicago and April went with him, so we were the lucky babysitters!! We had a great time with the boys, but I have to admit it was nice to sleep through the night Sunday night after they got back. They left about 4:00 Monday and are home safe and sound. April and I stopped by the Sewing center in town and I picked up this pattern yesterday morning, so this afternoon I sat down to sew! I thought I would like the smaller bag (and I do), but it was not quite big enough for my stuff, (it is about 11.5" square), so I made the larger one also. They have pockets all around the inside, and I made one just the right size for my cell phone.
I used decorator fabric for the outside which is a little sturdier, I actually got this fabric at Walmart - I love the colors.
I learned how to put on magnetic snaps, which I had never done before.
Here is the pattern, it is by Amy Butler.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute bags, looks like Mommy and me bags...or grandmommy and me.

Nicole