Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to my oldest son!

You always had a smile!
How cute is this?!
whooops!
Getting more handsome all the time!
Senior year
Celebrating the big day with Nathan and the Dads.
Beginning the next phase of your life
One of my most favorite pictures
This is a beautiful picture, happy birthday to you both, 33 years!! Chris I remember so well when we found out I was pregnant - we were so excited! Your father picked your name, he had picked it out years before we were even married. He wanted a son named Christopher Lee! You were born several weeks early, weighing in at 5lbs 7oz. We were just sitting down to supper, I was talking to my mom on the phone and my water broke. We called the doctor, he asked if I was having contractions, I said, "no", he said, "you will and when you do - come in". Your father went to bed and about midnight I woke him and up and told him it was time to go to the hospital. My brother Al was visiting, him and your dad's sister Sharon babysat Tania for us. You were a difficult labor, you were turned posterior, like you wanted to come through my tail bone, so I was not dialating. The nurse just thought I was a wuss and said I had a long time to go. I kept telling her I knew what it felt like and it would not be long, she left the room and turned off the light, she did not even call the doctor to let him know we were there! Finally all at once you turned and got into position and I went from 1 to 10 in one fell swoop!!! Boy was that nurse surprised, she was scrambling, trying to get me ready and call the doctor! Dr Dohner came in in his pajamas, she slipped a gown over them and he walked up and caught you! You spent a night in the incubator, but you were healthy and strong, so no problems! You nursed well and put on weight quickly. You were a very happy baby, always smiling! You were always sure of yourself, smart and a quick learner. You did very well in school, and got great report cards with very little effort. I was not surprised you followed your fathers footsteps into the Air Force, he was your hero. I am so glad you made the career change within the Air Force a few years ago and are doing something you love, and are very good at!! I remember the night you got saved. You had went forward in Sunday school, because Jimmy did, but you knew it was not right. The Lord convicted you and you came into the living room one night in tears, afraid you would not go to heaven, your Dad talked with you and you prayed to receive Christ, hallelujah!!! The Lord has proved faithful in your life, as we have seen Jen and Jordan come to know Him and Caylee as she seeks Him. You have made me so proud, your talent, your strength and your desire to serve the Lord. You ARE my Favorite (oldest) Son! And then to top it all off you chose a wonderful wife! Truly I could not have chosen better for you, I love you Jen, Happy Birthday to you too! I love you Chris, Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I had a mother who was strong and more stubborn than my rebelious nature, which was what kept me "between the ditches" and brought me to this point in life...thanks mom! Because of you, I can get drunk and run around the block naked tonight...aren't you so proud!!! : )

Nannette said...

Get drunk and run around the block naked!!!? Go for it, as I recall that is a very long block, but just remember I don't post bail!!! Love you!