Monday, April 28, 2008

My friend

My friend went to heaven today, around 8:00 this morning. I am sure there is rejoicing for him. We will celebrate his life later this week and things will go back to normal for us, not so for his family. We will all miss him very much and I know he will be remembered for his impact in this community and the lives of hundreds of individuals. You know we all write our own eulogy, each day, with each word, with each act of kindness or unkindness. What is said about us at our funeral will be in direct relation to how we lived our lives. I have thought about this alot, as I have had several friends and family die in the past few years, what will my funeral be like, what will the preacher say, what will my family and friends say. I can remember a song from many years ago titled "Find us Faithful" and it was just about that. It talked about wanting to light the way for others to come to the Lord, to live a life pleasing to Him. Gives us all something to think about, doesn't it? I'll miss you Doc, thanks for being a faithful friend.

2 comments:

Toni said...

Nan,

My heart goes out to all...I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Love, Toni

Diana LaMarre said...

Nanette, I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend.