Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring

Well, here in central Illinois we are into the spring season. I noticed last night when we got home from church about 7:30 the birds were still singing. Obviously the spring mating season is in full swing. I saw a woodpecker on a tree in the backyard, first time ever. The robins are back, the purple finches, gold finches and winter juncos are all fighting for seed at the thistle feeder. My chives are about 6 inches tall and my tulips are not far behind. I got on the Pasty cam, a website in the upper peninsula of Michigan, http://www.pasty.com/cam/ this morning and copied this picture, obviously they are still deep in winter up there, although with the sight of open water it means spring is on the way. That is a lot of snow! Snowmobiling, skiing, ice skating, hockey and sledding are still the main sports! When I was little, growing up there, this was the worst time of year. Winter is so long and you are so anxious for spring, I just wanted to go pour hot water on the snow and melt it! But soon enough the snow would melt and spring would arrive! I sure miss winter up north, I would love to be the first to leave boot prints in that snow! Happy Spring to you all!

No comments: