Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

The doorbell rang last night and when I opened it there was Nick standing there holding the giant stuffed heart with the heart box of candy "Happy Valentines Day!!". what a surprise, he says I always complain about not being remembered, so he did that - how sweet - I kissed him all over his face. He is 16, has a car, and supposes himself to be a pretty cool guy so... he was not too impressed about the kisses, but oh well - I am his grandma - so he should be used to it. I made the little striped card for him and gave him a large bag of skittles (his favorite, like his mother chocolate is not his preferred sweet - hard to believe that huh?!) Wendell got me the "Hot lips" box of candy, filled with fudge truffles, yumm! and the very sweet card with the red heart on it. I made the black and pink card for him and gave him a large York mint - he does not like to eat alot of candy so I don't get too carried away.

I decided to hang the large stuffed heart on the door in honor of the day, I am sure Nick will get a kick out of it when he gets home.

I got the most beautiful picture of Caylee in my email this morning also, but for some reason I can't upload it, I think it is because Dewitt photos owns it. So you will have to go to http://www.dewitt-photos.com/ to see it. Chris is in Baltimore for 2 weeks and Caylee is having a hard time being away from dad - please say a prayer for her.

Hope you are having a great day - Love to all!

2 comments:

Toni said...

Happy Valentines Day! That is so cute...the heart from Nick...Toni

Diana LaMarre said...

What a thoughtful grandson you have, Nanette. It sounds like everyone had a special day at your home.