Saturday, February 9, 2008

Forsythias in winter

2 weeks ago today I went and trimmed some forsythia branches and brought them in and put them in water. When I came home from Kentucky today they were in full bloom. A reminder that spring is coming! I was just catching up on two of my friends blogs, Dr Fox, who has leukemia who has found a speed bump in his treatment, he has infection in his organs and will have to take treatment that will make him sick and can cause kidney damage, and then in the same breath he is praising God for GREAT NEWS - they have a donor who is a 10 point match, a 26 year old male. Plans are for the bone marrow transplant the first week or so of March. Please pray for him as he goes through all this treatment to prepare him for the transplant and that he will be healthy by then. My other friend has a 5 month old son who has been diagnosed with a disease that will affect his life and thiers. What a difficult time for them as they learn all about it and how to deal with it. On her blog she has the song "I will praise Him in the storm" playing, a reminder to all of us where her strength comes from as she lifts her hands and heart toward heaven. Psalm 121:1 says "I look to the mountains, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."
Dear Father, bless these families, strengthen and guide them, give them wisdom and give them peace. Show us how we can be a help, in prayer or in action, lead us to know what to do and what not to do! We love you Lord and know You are in control of all, we need only trust You. Spring is coming, there will be sunshine and flowers and green grass. Thank you for these bright yellow forsythia blooms that are a reminder of Your faithfulness.

No comments: