Sunday, January 20, 2008

Roosters

I finished it, its about 31" long - my first foundation pieced project - not perfect, but I like it. I found another pattern I may try - its square within a square - we'll see.
It is very cold here, 1 degree when we got up this morning - but the sun is shining - so it's not too bad. We are supposed to get some snow in the next 2 days, we'll see, I never believe it until I see it here in Illinois.
I have 2 prayer requests - of course Dr. Fox, also, my oldest son Christopher is up for deployment May - August this year. Last year he spent almost 6 months in Kabul Afghanistan, I am praying he will not have to go this time - please pray about this with me. Also, on not such a serious note, we are looking for a car for Nick - pray the Lord leads us to the right car - it is always hard to tell about a used car - you never know it will be a good one or not. Thanks.

5 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

Nanette,
You did a great job on those roosters! It looks like an ambitious pattern for the first time. Do you mind if I ask where you found the pattern?

I taught myself to paper piece about a year ago and I am now totally hoooked on it. My current craze is Carol Doak's star patterns.

Nannette said...

Zoey - thanks! I found this in the April 2001 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting magazine from Better Homes and Garden. It was on the cover and is called Rule the Roost. If you can't find it let me know _ I could make and a copy and mail it.

Diana LaMarre said...

Nannette, thank you for answering. I just goggled it, but can't find the pattern on the net.

Would you really send me a copy? I would love it! I have a bit of a rooster collection in my kitchen and I could make some little rooster quilts to add to the theme.

I will send you an email.

Diana LaMarre said...

Ooops, guess I can't send email. I don't see contact info for you. I don't want to post in here, but if you come to my site and go to my profile, there is a contact me link which goes to my email without posting for the world to see.
You could send me your email address there and then I would send my mailing address.

I would be happy to return the favor if there is any pattern you see on my site that you would like a copy of.

Diana LaMarre said...

Hi Nanette,
I am starting on the rooster today. I had to come back and take a look at yours because I am finding it difficult to tell which is the background and which are feathers on piece A and B. I am starting over because I already messed it up! I thought everything was background, except for the legs and feet.

I have to say again how impressed I am that you made this for your first paper piecing project!

I will post a pic of mine when it's finished. I am going to color in the pattern to help me figure out what is what.