Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New fabric!

I had the urge to go shopping for new fabric today, so as I was out running errands I just decided to go to Springfield to the Calico Quilt shop and peruse their selection. As you can see I found some things to add to my collection! I actually have started a new quilt, I just started cutting yesterday, I will take a picture of the first block as I start pieceing it. I normally like jewel tones, but I am becoming quite attached to browns and blacks and bright yellows and oranges, so this is a little different for me, we'll see what you all think. What is it in us that makes us want to create? I am always anxious to start a project, to come up with new ideas. I find myself in trouble sometimes on quilts because I always have a different idea and try to change the pattern - it is normally best to stick with the plan! I think God places that desire in us, to give us hope, to know that no matter our circumstance, it can change, it can get better, we can follow His lead and He will create something new, after all, that is what He has done for me and everyone else that has a personal relationship with Him. He changed us, and made us new - II Corinthians 5:17 says "Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." Isn't He a wonderful Lord!

No comments: