Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Good Morning - what a mess!

Good morning - the top picture is one that I downloaded off my brothers website in Marquette Michigan. He has a live cam mounted on the top of the Lighthouse in the lower harbor at Marquette and this is the sunrise this morning over Lake Superior - pretty cool and beautiful - huh! If you want to check out his sight - it is - www.ironbay.com/lower_harbor_web_cam.htm
The next picture is 2 different projects - the large block is the quilt I am working on - the 2 small blocks are my first attempt at foundation piecing - I think I like it - it's a real challenge, but fun. I'll post pics when the projects are finished.
The other 2 pictures show you what a mess I have made - I won't be able to stand it much longer, I will have to stop, clean it all up and then get back to work. I love my sewing room - Wendell did such a good job putting it all together for me, I love the fact I can walk away from the mess and not have to worry about anyone seeing it, wait a minute, I just posted it in pictures - I am showing it to everyone. Oh well, if you come to visit I'll show you after I get it picked up!
I had a phone call from a very good friend last night, Dr. Fox, he is in the hospital going through his 3rd round of chemo for acute myeloid leukemia, this will be his last treatment before going through a bone marrow transplant. Please pray for him and his family, this has been a long and difficult time for them and he still has a long way to go. He knows the Lord and is trusting Him through all this, so he is going to be ok. God never leaves us or forsakes, but in each trial is "the shadow on our right hand"(Psalms 121:5)- that means He is very close to us. Thank you Lord for Rick, bless him, strengthen him and heal him according to Your will. Help his family throught this time, we know it is as hard on the family as the patient - thank you in Jesus name. Amen.

1 comment:

Toni said...

I dont think I ever did foundation piecing...looks good though...I sure hope Dr Fox pulls through again...Love Toni