Saturday, September 8, 2007

Scenes from my yard ...too!

This time of year is a wonderful time, the days are getting shorter and a little bit cooler and my garden really likes it. There are butterflies everywhere and the hummingbirds are fighting over the feeder as they prepare to head south for the winter. This plant is English Lavender that I bought in England at the Lavender fields when visiting Chris, Jen, Jordan and Caylee. I sent 3 small plants back in the mail, this is the only one that survived - it is doing well - I am so pleased! This little angel is resting in a bed of nasturtiums - I love nasturtiums - they are just a beautiful flower and they smell like a rose. I grow them from seed and they do ok in the summer if I water them well, but when the weather cools off they go crazy. I always plant the vining type and they fill my well spent gardens with large round leaves and beautiful multicolor flowers - their scent is wonderful - the little angel enjoys them too! This is my Autumn clematis - and it just grows like crazy. I cut it to the ground in lat fall and it grows to cover the fence like this every year. It does not flower until late August and the scent is so sweet it is unbelievable! You can see my asters in front of it, it has not done well in all the heat we have had this summer, but it is still flowering heavily. The butterflies, just cover it during the day. We are heading out to visit a friend who just had a baby, that is not doing well, he is on a respirator and are not sure what the problem is. Please pray for him, his name is Alexander John Prewitt.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Your yard is so pretty. Hope all is well. Love Toni