Thursday, August 30, 2007

Scenes from my yard.

We still have not had any rain - they keep promising, but it passes us by!
School has begun - Nick is into the swing of it, and looking for a job - a 16 year old with dreams of his own car!
I am loving my part time job and having time at home just to do the things I love - quilting, gardening, reading and of course the usual chores.
We are still enjoying tomatoes and zuchinni and several herbs from the garden, but so much of the landscape is getting burned up. I water the flower beds, but the 95 - 100 degree heat wave we have had for a month has still overcome a lot of them. I have 3 hydrangea plants that I have watered alot and the plants are beautiful, but no blooms due to the late freeze we had - next year I will be diligent to cover them if there is a threat.
We are looking forward to the middle of September, we are going to babysit the twins while Dan and April go to Florida for 5 days. Wendell and I are both taking vacation, they are crawling, pulling up and generally getting into everything! We are really looking forward to it!
It's a beautiful day today, a cold front has passed through and it just a perfect morning! I don't think it is even going to get out of the 90's - that is a real change!
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Love that Columbine...we did get a little rain..it is so nice today i wish summer would never end....Have a good weekend..Toni