Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The seedlings progress

In one of the window boxes on the front of the house, the red marigolds are beginning to bloom The tomato plants are almost blooming, you can also see Wendells green beans, onions, radishes and lettuce. We have already harvested lettuce and radishes. containers, containers, containers - if you notice in the oval tub is my herbs, the italian flat leaf parsley and sweet basil are coming right along!
As I drive around town and see all the blooming plants and I look at mine that aren't there yet, I just remind myself I saved alot of money by starting the seeds and when they do bloom they will be just as beautiful!! I am guessing I saved at least 2 tanks worth of gas by planting seeds, and with the price of gas every little bit helps!

4 comments:

Toni said...

Wow your plants are doing great...your yard looks wonderful...Hope Nic had a nice birthday...Gas is 4.24 here how about there?

Toni

Nannette said...

thanks Toni = it dropped to $4.02, the highest it was was $4.09. Wow you guys are really getting hit hard - I hope your job has upped your mileage pay!

Diana LaMarre said...

Hi Nannette,
Your veggie garden is so neat and tidy! I don't have a veggie garden, but I wish I did.

I know what you mean about having containers without blooms. I brought all my cannas, callas, and dahlias out and now I have many containers with nothing but dirt showing. It will be a few weeks before they even begin to look like anything.

But, like you said, once they bloom, they will be just as nice as everyone else has.

Nannette said...

Zoey, the veretables are my husbands handiwork, I just do the pretty stuff, however I thoroughly enjoy the bounty!