Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Seed pods

The rain is falling, the trees are close to bare, winter is upon us. I got out the other day and snapped some pictures of these seed pods. Click on the image to enlarge it, they are really intricate works of art! This is the whole purpose for the plant, the flowers are beautiful, but the plants whole goal is to reproduce itself, so it is storing up its energy to produce seeds. These are all from different clematis plants around my yard, these feathery looking clusters will seperate and be carried away on the wind, to settle in a different place, and if a bird does not devour it, it will sink into the ground and next year it will be a new vine, growing toward the sun, giving off a beautiful display of flowers and then the final goal to produce seeds! Reminds me of myself, given life from the Son, allowing Him to make me beautiful from the inside out, with the goal to show forth Him so others will come to know Him, planting seeds as I go.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Nanette,
I have enjoyed reading some of your blog coming from another. I came to your blog looking for a paper-pieced rooster I hear you had made. I am wanting to use a rooster in my son and daughter-in-law's wedding quilt. She is from South Carolina and went to U of SC. Their mascot is the gamecock. I'm not sure if she will "settle" for just a rooster, but if you will share the pattern, I will see if she is okay with it. I want to decorate their quilt with something from South Carolina and something from California, where my son grew up and I live.

Funny, getting to your blog. My name is Nancy, I am a quilter, not yet a beader (but have supplies waiting), am 50 something with three sons, and my first-born is also Christopher.

Anyway, I must go, but thought I would ask if you share the rooster pattern. I would love to see if Jenny is okay with it. (Their mascot is more of a cartoon gamecock, so no pattern available). Thanks for the consideration!

Nancy
nday@sbcglobal.net