Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Are we done yet?

We are in the middle of summer, Nick realized the other day that it will be little more than a month until school starts! His senior year, sure makes me feel old! He asked me and Wendell not too long ago a question that made me pause, and I quote "do you feel like you life is over?"!! I guess it is because we are soooo old (53 and 54) that he thinks we are "done" - I can remember being his age like it was yesterday, I really don't feel any older in my mind, but my body does!!! Do we feel like our lives are over --- the kids are raised, we get to enjoy the grandkids without the day to day work, we are financially stable (as opposed to the years of raising kids, living paycheck to paycheck), we are healthy, we are happy, we are listening to the Lords leading--- are we "done", NO, I think we are definitely in a different phase, but far from "done"!!! I am sure in his mind, thinking of his whole life in front of him, with endless options, college, career, marraige, children, he feels like we accomplished all the things he is looking forward to, so we must be "done", but now we get to enjoy the fruit of that labor. My children just cause me to burst at the seams with pride, all those years of tears and prayers paid off, the Lord worked in them to be wonderful adults who love Him and are raising their children to know Him. They are successful - a mothers dream come true!! My life has taken some turns I did not see coming, but the Lord brought it all about for good, as He promises in His Word. I wish I could say I have always been faithful, never failed, stayed true to the course, but that would be a lie. I am just thankful that His mercy never fails, and no matter what we do, we can come to Him, confess, ask forgiveness and be restored- thank you Lord. In all my selfish, self-centered wanderings His faithfulness never wavers, He loves me with a love that never fails and is always seeking to encourage and uplift me, what a wonderful perfect Father! Are we done?, no, not until God says so, and my plan is to stay sensitive to His leading and just keep on-keepin' on until He calls me home, I believe the most exciting years are yet to come!! Wonder what is just around the corner!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Nan that is so funny are you done yet...I dont feel old...but sometimes chasing after the grandkids a feel worn out...

When are you coming? Love Toni